Thursday, September 26, 2024

Health update September 26, 2024

I haven't posted here in a while, and that's likely to be the case going forward.  So any posts I make from here on out will be short and informational.

I went through a rough patch between about February and June.  However, starting in June (and after a bit of a fight with the insurance company) I started on a new medication in addition to Tagrisso called Tabrecta.  Within a couple weeks of starting the additional medication, I felt significantly better.  I was able to get off the painkillers I was taking daily, and even better, the fluid that has been a constant presence in my right lung started drying up.  So as of now, I am doing well other than some edema in my hands, arms, feet and lower legs.  I get to wear compression socks and on my left arm a compression sleeve as well.  Both the medications can cause fatigue, and both of them together are definitely causing me to be tired by the end of every day.  In the mornings though, I am able to take my dog Daisy for a walk, usually between a mile and a mile and a half long.  This is something I was not able to do 6 months ago.

So for now things are going well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment